Our next meeting is Thursday, June 12, 7-8 PM at the Kishwaukee Hospital: lower level room number 4. Presenter is Paul Carpenter Title of program: Travels with Carpenter… biking along Route 38 from Batavia to DeKalb and Back!
Paul Carpenter is a NIU Professor of Kinesiology & Physical Education.
Meeting on Thursday, July 10, 7-8 PM ast Kish Hospital: lower level room 4
Presentation is: Biking with Beanzie: Some History & What is it all About?
Presenters Bill Finucane and others
Kish Bike and Rec club meetings will l be the 2nd Thursday’s of the month, at the Kishwaukee hospital in lower level room 4 unless otherwise indicated. We love to see many of you their and if you want to check us out all our welcome.
Kish Bike and Rec Club’s Up-coming Events (planned so far): for 2014.
June 14 Hennepin Canal Trail- KBRC organized ride
June 28 Caving-Hiking Day at Maquoketa State Park, Iowa- NIU Adventure Center organizer
July 13 Biking with Beanzie Fundraiser Ride (You are encouraged to ride &/or volunteer)
July 26 Paddle-Pedal (kayak & bike) outing along the Mississippi- NIU Adv. Center organizer
1) Tuesday at 6am place North Central Cyclery and sponsored by NCC and type of ride Mod (15-17mph)
2) Wednesday at 6am place North Central Cyclery and sponsored by NCC and type of ride Avid (19mph+)
3) Thursday at 6pm place Hopkins Park and sponsored by KBRC and type of ride Hodge-Podge*
4) Friday at 8am place Chesapeake Bagel in DeKalb by KBRC and type of ride Hodge-Podge*
5) Saturday at 8 AM place North Central Cyclery and type KBRC/NCC and type of ride hodge-Podge*
* Hodge-Podge means ride(s) – Riders pick speed and distance
To checkout some of our sponsors pages here for more biking information in DeKalb County IL.
- Revealing new Club Logo
- New Club Membership form
- Update on KBRC Website
- Developing Spring, summer and fall activities list (so bring your calendars)
Kish Bike & Rec Club (KBRC) Meetings
1. Thursday March 20, 7-8 PM at Kishwaukee Hospital, Conference Rooms 4-5 (lower level).
2. Thursday, April 17 7-8 PM, Kishwaukee Hospital rooms (lower level).
3. Thursday, April 24 6:30-8(?) PM at North Central Cyclery, Lincoln Highway, highway IL.
The 24th Annual Pumpkin Pie Ride is tomorrow. You can still register on site tomorrow for $25. The Mt. Bike route on the I & M Canal paths have been cancelled due to flooding. Road ride only. Registration begins on site at 7:00 a.m. and the ride options are: Road-28, 42, 63 and 103 miles. Rest stops close at 2:30 p.m. SAG support ends at 3:30 pm. For those interested in a KBRC group participation ride- we can caravan as a group or drive separately. Once there you can bike the route and pace you choose and bike with or without others.
1) For those interested in a Saturday-10 AM, at Chesapeake Bagel DeKalb
Please email Toney back, if you are interested in attending any of the following KBRC events!!
Your timely feedback will greatly help with event planning. Thank you.
2) KBRC/NIU Caving &/or Hiking this Sunday, September 29 (8 AM to 6 PM)
Cost: $50 per person includes: transportation of participants and all caving gear; gas; a tasty
When: If you plan to attend, Please register before next Wednesday at link listed below!
Where: Drive from NIU Adventure Center to Maquoketa State Park, Iowa (129 miles);
What: Park orientation, then split up into one of two groups:
1)Hiking/Caving (all upright walking) and
2) The Total Caving Experience (all caving gear provided by NIU Adventure Center &
Remember to bring a change of clothes);
Both groups meet up for picnic lunch 12:00-12:30 p.m.-ish; Resume exploring park;
Drive back to DeKalb.
and plentiful lunch; trip guides & leadership support. Really, a very good deal!
3) Pumpkin Pie Ride (Ottawa) — Sunday, October 6
For those interested in a KBRC group participation ride- we can caravan as a group or drive separately.
Once there you can bike the route and pace you choose and bike with or without others.
Also, that weekend is the Ottawa Oktober Fest (Oct. 4-6, sounds like fun) and for those interested
there are a number of sports bars/pizza places in town to grab some grub and watch da Bears.
Ride options: Road-28, 42, 63 and 103 miles . Sorry, I understand the I & M Canal paths options are
“Closed” due to heavy rain/flooding and the paths have not been repaired, as yet.
Info site: email here firstname.lastname@example.org and click here for the link to register.
4) Sugar River Sate Trail – KBRC Day of Biking (Brodhead to New Glarus, WI)– Sunday, October 13
For those interested in a KBRC group participation ride we can caravan as a group or drive separately.
We can consider various ride options and start points: Brodhead to Albany, 7 miles; Albany to
Monticello, 10 miles; Monticello to New Glarus, 6 miles; for a total of 23 miles( round trip 46 miles).
5) Future Bike and Rec Activity Survey – Share your thoughts and ideas for
biking and other recreational outings (skiing, hiking, etc.) and programs that you would find interesting
to do this fall/winter and into the upcoming 2014 year. Email Tony for a copy he would love your input!
6) Next Meeting is:
Thursday, October 10 7-8 Kishwaukee Hospital Conference room (lower level)
- Tues Aug 13 6-7 PM Live Healthy DeKalb/Trails group Kishwaukee Hospital
- Sun Aug 18 All Day **Paddle-Pedal Outing Savana to Thomson & back
- Tues Aug 27 6-8 PM DeKalb Community Leaders-Bike Ride TBD
- Thurs Aug 29 6-8 PM Sycamore Community Leaders-Bike Ride TBD
- Thurs Sept 12 7-8 PM KBRC meeting Kishwaukee Hospital
- Sat Sept 14 All Day Ride Like an Egyptian Egyptian Theatre
- Sun Sept 29 All Day **Caving/Hiking (Options) Maquoketa Caves State Park